Common problems of ultrasonic transducers
The function of the ultrasonic transducer is to convert the input electrical power into mechanical power (ultrasound), then transmit it out, and consume a small part of the power itself.
For ultrasonic transducers, the technical problem to be solved is to design an ultrasonic transducer with a large working distance and bandwidth.
The transducer is composed of a shell, a matching layer, a piezoelectric ceramic disc transducer, a backing, a cable and an a-array receiver. The piezoelectric ceramic disc transducer is made of PZT-5 piezoelectric material polarized in the thickness direction. The mb array receiver consists of 8 to 16 Cy sensors, two metal rings and rubber gaskets. The working distance of the present invention is greater than 35m, the frequency bandwidth reaches 10kHz, and the high-speed moving long-distance target can be detected.
When using ultrasonic transducers, we also encounter some common problems, for example,
1. When the ultrasonic vibrator gets wet, you can use a megohmmeter to check the plug connected to the sensor. Check the insulation resistance value to determine the basic condition. Generally, the insulation resistance is required to be greater than 5 megohms. If the insulation resistance value is not reached, the sensor is usually wet. You can put the whole transducer (not including the sprayed casing) into the oven and place it at a temperature of about 100°C for 3 hours, or use a hair dryer to remove the moisture to the resistance value. to date.
2. The transducer vibrator catches fire and the ceramic material is broken. It can be checked with the naked eye and megohmmeter. Generally, as an emergency measure, individual damaged vibrators can be disconnected without affecting the normal use of other vibrators.
3. The vibrator has been degummed. Our sensor adopts the double guarantee process of gluing and screw fastening, which will not happen under normal conditions.
4. Perforated stainless steel vibration surface. Usually, after 10 years of full load use of the sensor, the vibrating surface can be punched.
5. The vibrator makes a harsh sound, which can also occur when inspecting, reassembling the vibrator screw or loosening or damaging the ceramic plate.