Ultrasonic plastic welding machine welding horn
Ultrasonic welding horn plays a key role in ultrasonic welding. But what kind of "tool" is the welding horn, and what is its function? Let us introduce them one by one.
The welding horn is a tool that effectively transmits vibration to the plastic welding part. It has the following functions:
1.Transmission of vibration energy
· Provide a shape consistent with the product shape, and because the plastic is malleable, it can fit the product to a certain extent.
The design and manufacture of the welding horn must be very careful, because only a good welding horn can guarantee a good welding result. If the welding horn is poorly designed (amplitude design, unreasonable vibration shape), poor manufacturing (material selection, improper frequency repair), it may cause the welding horn to break and fail.
Welding horn of different sizes
Welding horn material selection and restrictions
Usually, three different materials are used to make the welding horn, each of which has its own unique properties. Choose according to the requirements and expectations of use.
1.Aluminum alloy: used for soft mold verification process stage or small batch production stage, can not withstand mechanical stress. Or for large welding heads where weight and cost are important considerations. This is one of the most commonly used materials, with good mechanical properties (hardness and ultrasonic propagation speed) and economy.
2.Titanium alloy: used in the small, medium and mass production stages of the product, has excellent acoustic properties, can withstand the maximum mechanical stress 3 times that of aluminum alloy, and has relatively excellent wear resistance. At the same time, through specific surface treatment on the surface of the welding head can greatly increase its wear resistance. It is often used for welding plastics containing glass fiber.
3.Alloy steel: used for welding plastic parts that cannot be applied to aluminum alloy and titanium alloy. It has high hardness and highest wear resistance. Generally, it must be hardened before use. This material is often used in ultrasonic metal screw mounting applications.
In order to obtain the best welding results, it is recommended not to use large ultrasonic welding heads. Because the vibration surface amplitude output of large welding horn cannot be strictly consistent, when welding large products, it is recommended to use a sub-female welding head or a combination of multiple individual welding heads. Pay attention to the following points when using the welding head:
1.Amplitude output of aluminum alloy welding horn≤60μm;
2. Titanium alloy welding horn, for simple circular welding horn, the maximum output amplitude is 90-120μm;
3. For large welding horn, the increase of grooves on the welding horn end will help the amplitude output to be more uniform, and the maximum output amplitude is less than 60μm;
4. For large-scale female and female welding horn, the amplitude output of the female welding horn is ≤40μm;
5. Need to avoid sharp edges. All welding horn edges must be rounded to avoid damage;
6. Appropriate tools must be used to assemble the welding horn.