Three common faults in ultrasonic welding
1. When the generator sends out an overload alarm, check the following steps:
1. Sometimes there may be situations where the no-load test is normal but not working properly. It may be that the internal sound energy components such as the welding head have changed, which causes the sound energy to be transmitted poorly. Here is a relatively simple judgment method: hand touch method. The amplitude of the normal working welding head or horn surface is very uniform when it is working, and the hand feels velvety smooth. When the sound energy is not transmitted smoothly, there will be a feeling of bubbles or burrs on the hand. It is necessary to use the elimination method to eliminate the problematic parts. The same situation can occur when the generator is abnormal. Normally, the input waveform of the transducer should be detected as a smooth sine wave. This phenomenon can also occur when there are spikes or abnormal waveforms on the sine wave. At this time, another pruned acoustic energy component can be used to replace it for identification.
2. Ultrasonic no-load test. If the working current is normal, it may be that the ultrasonic welding head has contacted objects that should not be touched or the parameter adjustment between the ultrasonic welding head and the welding seat has failed.
3. When the ultrasonic no-load test is abnormal, first observe whether the ultrasonic welding head is cracked and whether the installation is firm, then remove the welding head and perform no-load test to eliminate whether the transducer + horn has a problem, step by step Exclude. After eliminating the possibility of failure of the transducer + horn, replace the new welding head for judgment.
2. Ultrasonic fever is abnormal
The ultrasonic welding head will have a certain heating phenomenon when it is working, which is caused by the mechanical energy loss of the material itself and the heat conduction of the ultrasonic object. The standard for judging whether the heat of the ultrasonic welding head is normal is that when there is no load (that is, not touching the workpiece), the ultrasonic wave is continuously emitted for more than half an hour, and the temperature cannot exceed 50-70°C. If the heat is experienced, the ultrasonic welding head is damaged or the material is not Qualified and need to be replaced.
3. Howling is abnormal when ultrasonic products
When whistling occurs when the ultrasonic welding head is working, the following reasons should be analyzed:
1. Whether the welding head is in contact with objects that should not be in contact.
2. Whether the installation screws are loose
3. Whether the welding head has cracks