The Differences Between Ultrasonic Metal Welding Machine And Ultrasonic Plastic Welding Machine
1. First of all, the working methods are different. Usually, in ultrasonic plastic welding, the vibration direction of the weld is perpendicular to the weld position, while in ultrasonic metal welding, the vibration direction of the weld is parallel to the weld position. In some special cases, plastic welding can also be carried out in parallel direction, such as thinner plastic parts.
2. Secondly, because of the application of ultrasound in welding metals, higher requirements are put forward for ultrasonic welding technology; compared with ordinary plastic welding, the requirements for power capacity, power density, stability and automation control are not the same level. At present, domestic generators for ultrasonic plastic welding basically adopt self-excitation circuit. The typical examples are: 8400, 8700 full-bridge circuit and half-bridge circuit commonly used by Taiwan machines. The remarkable feature is that they have a tuning inductance. If the existing mature technology for plastic welding is directly transferred to metal welding, its inherent shortage will lead to unstable use of products; its only advantage is the low price, but for the high requirements of metal welding itself, this advantage is very pale.
1. High power, stable ultrasonic generator:
The first requirement of a stable ultrasonic generator is automatic frequency tracking. Automatic frequency tracking can ensure that the transducer system can work in a resonant state, that is, maximizing the amplitude of the welding head. It is the basic requirement for metal welding to adopt frequency auto-tracking technology and replace dies and work without frequency modulation. The equipment with adjustable inductance to adjust frequency manually can hardly meet the requirements.
Stable ultrasonic generator also requires constant amplitude function and stepless adjustable amplitude. Constant amplitude function, which can ensure the consistency of welding, is the key to stable production; stepless adjustable amplitude is the basic to ensure the use of equipment, for example, through parameter adjustment on the same equipment can weld both copper and aluminum.
High power capacity: Compared with plastic welding, metal welding requires high energy density. It must have relatively high power capacity, such as 20 kHz machine, which basically requires more than 3000W power capacity. Many companies often make false claims about power capacity, so we just need to compare them with the plastic welders they make, because the plastic welders are too high to be believed.
2. High-quality welding head: As an industrial use, metal welding requires high-life welding head.
3. High quality transducer: for example, 20kHz transducer must be able to bear more than 3KW load for a long time. Many companies'transducers, with ordinary plastic welded transducers, are very difficult to distinguish in appearance, which is irresponsible.
4. High-quality control system: It has three basic control modes of welding energy, time and height. Various quality control software can meet different requirements.