Advantages of welding structure over riveting structure
The welding structure must meet the specific use requirements, which is an important basis for material selection and welding process formulation. Welded structure manufacturing engineers and technicians must understand the basic characteristics of welded structures. Compared with the riveted structure, the welded structure has the following advantages:
1. Compared with riveted joints, welded joints have strong load-bearing capacity.
For example, generally high-quality welded joints can be as strong as the base material, while riveted joints are difficult to have the same strength as the base material due to structural reasons.
2. The welded structure has good water tightness and air tightness, while the riveted structure is difficult to ensure reliable water tightness and air tightness in use. Welded structure is an ideal structure with water tightness and air tightness requirements, and is widely used in structures such as pressure vessels, ships, and storage tanks.
3. Save materials and reduce structural weight.
The welding structure does not require rivets and cover plates in the riveting structure, which can reduce material consumption and the number of parts, which is beneficial to realize the lightweight and integration of the structure.
4. The thickness of the welded structure is not limited.
When the plate thickness is greater than 50mm, riveting is difficult to carry out, and there is basically no limit on the thickness of the welded structure. When connecting large and thick parts of heavy and super heavy structures, only welding can be used.
5. Simple welding structure design and high production efficiency.
In the design of welded structures, simple butt joints and fillet weld joints are generally used to manufacture various structures. The welding production efficiency is high, the manufacturing cycle is short, the cost is low, and the economic benefit is good.