The Lifetime of the Mould
The service life of a welding horn depends on two aspects: first, materials; second, process.
Materials: ultrasonic welding requires metal materials with good flexibility (low mechanical loss in the process of acoustic wave transmission) and good characteristics, so the most commonly used materials are aluminum alloy and titanium alloy.
The material is one of the main reasons to ensure the life of ultrasonic die in welding product. Therefore, it is not only necessary for the mold engineer to choose the material carefully in design, but also need to know what kind of material should be used for the product, so as to avoid influencing its aging and quality due to negligence.
The characteristics of current materials are outlined as follows:
A. 7075T651: Used for vibration system and Horn manufacturing, this material has high mechanical yield strength, high hardness and strong thermal conductivity, and is an ideal material for ultrasonic die manufacturing.
B. 2024T651: Made with HORN, good toughness, high thermal conductivity, moderate hardness, used in general plastics.
C. 6061T651: HORN used for lower output, good toughness and soft quality.
3. Domestic hard aluminum alloy: domestic material, used for common aluminum processing, low heat conduction, high loss on ultrasonic machinery, low cost.
The following factors should be taken into consideration in the production of a ultrasonic mold:
1. Product requirements: determine the die life, wear rate, and thus what kind of metal to use
2. Product shape: what kind of welding process is used, the size of the mold is set, the pressure transmission area, the possible deformation when the product is fused, how much power is needed and what kind of function. Whether the work can be completed by welding at one time.
3. The plastic property of the product: determines the working shock amplitude of the mold, which work should accept the form, position and size of ultrasonic energy, conduction energy line. How should contact bits be designed in different plastic combinations?
4. Excellent after-sales service
Altrasonic Technology co., LTD. Is a professional ultrasonic equipment manufacturer integrating research, development and production. The company has strong technical force, ultrasonic welding has high-quality management talents, senior engineers, skilled technical workers and after-sales service personnel. Over the years, according to customer requirements, in the original product on the improvement, and development and innovation of a number of new hot riveter products. Vibration friction welding machine is widely used in: toy industry, stationery industry, automobile industry, household appliances industry, communication industry, daily use industry, electronic industry, packaging industry, instrument industry and other large fields.
Find a professional ultrasonic welding solution?
Click Altrasonic Technology to realize it.