Advantages of Ultrasonic Welding
Ultrasonic welding of plastics is performed through vibrations which are presented perpendicularly to the joint. Heating is dependent on the loss modulus of the polymer, the frequency and amplitude of the ultrasonic vibrations.
* Internal heat generation means that less material is heated so there is a smaller heat affected zone and less chance for deformation
* Very quick cycle times, typically less than a second
* Well-established process with quite sophisticated equipment available and plenty of industry knowledge
Ultrasonic welding of metals is performed through vibrations which are presented parallel to the joint. Heating is dependent on the surface friction of the parts, the frequency and amplitude of the ultrasonic vibrations
* Solid state process meaning that the metal does not melt, just softens to where it can be pushed together. This means better strength retention.
* Very quick cycle times
* Much more precise control of heating than for most other metal welding processes
Find the suitable welding solution for your application?
Click ALTRASONIC WELDING MACHINE to realize it.